A smart mental health digital marketing strategy empowers you to more easily reach prospective patients. And reaching them has never been more important.
In the wake of the pandemic, the public’s collective mental health has been severely challenged. Anxiety and depression reached new levels as a direct result of COVID. At the same time, drug and alcohol addiction rates have also climbed.
Clearly, these people need help. It’s incumbent on your mental health digital marketing to steer them toward your treatment center.
Simply having a website in no way guarantees patients will find you. A sustainable mental health digital marketing strategy involves much more than that. Let’s take a closer look at what that entails.
Reach Your Audience With Mental Health Digital Marketing
Probably no one in the mental health field was surprised to learn the pandemic has been detrimental to peoples’ mental health. As the months dragged on, quarantines and social distancing caused greater anxiety, loneliness and panic attacks. Sadly, the pandemic could be gone tomorrow but these effects will obviously still linger into the future.
Behavioral health treatment centers have the heavy responsibility of dealing with these increased mental health issues. A digital marketing agency for mental health must work in close partnership with a provider to make sure people seeking help are able to find it.
As you reach out to your target audience, it’s also important to realize that your marketing messaging isn’t just for prospective patients. It must also address the concerns of family members who may be the ones searching for help.
An effective mental health marketing strategy hinges on compelling and motivating original content. When people inquire about certain subjects, you need landing pages, blogs or social media posts that discuss these topics.
It’s your ability to provide this crucial, informative content that makes you an educational resource in the eyes of viewers. Even if they don’t take action right away, you can provide a vital lifeline. Ideally, when they do decide to take steps toward getting treatment, your mental health treatment center will be the first place they think of.
How To Make Mental Health Digital Marketing Work For You
Leveraging its extensive knowledge of behavioral health marketing, Dreamscape Marketing partners with mental health treatment centers to help them more effectively reach their target audiences. This is a responsibility we take with the greatest seriousness.
At all times, we address prospective patients’ chief concerns in their moment of need. Everything we do is designed to motivate people to take the next step and pursue treatment.
Dreamscape Marketing’s comprehensive mental health digital marketing strategy includes the following:
- Content: Your content marketing helps form the first impression many viewers will have of your mental health treatment center. Prospective patients need to know that they can come to your website for reliable, useful information. It can’t just be the occasional blog. You must regularly upload fresh content that mirrors what viewers are searching for.
- Calls to action: Your content must do more than inform. It must also motivate viewers to take the next step, such as calling you. Without effective calls to action, your content will never do the job it was supposed to do. Calls to action provide guidance, and are crucial to your digital marketing success.
- PPC (pay per click): A very useful tool, especially when used in conjunction with SEO. PPC is a good way to drive website traffic if your SEO is underperforming or just getting started. The downside of PPC is that it can become prohibitively expensive if not managed properly. A well-managed mental health digital marketing strategy will rein in excess or unwise PPC spending.
- SEO (search engine optimization): Beyond PPC, it’s a good search engine ranking that you really want in the long run. Unlike PPC, you own SEO results and they have staying power.
- Social media: Your social media presence can be leveraged effectively to find new patients. However, it’s easy for behavioral health centers to get social media wrong. One intention should always be to drive traffic back to your website. Done the wrong way, this won’t happen.
- Careful tracking: Provable results are important in any marketing campaign. Tracking and analyzing data is the only way to achieve this objective. You never want to guess whether your mental health digital marketing is successful. You want a definitive answer on this. Tracking will make it possible.
Take Your Mental Health Digital Marketing to the Next Level
Digital marketing for mental health professionals requires a deep knowledge of both behavioral health care and the intricacies of PPC, SEO, content creation and web design. Not every digital marketer checks all of these boxes. Work with one that does.
As a recognized leader in behavioral healthcare marketing, Dreamscape Marketing can help you brand your mental health center in order to more effectively reach prospective patients. Contact today at 888.307.7304 to find out how.