In today’s world, mobile marketing for drug rehab has become a necessary tool in a facility’s marketing toolbox. This is a digital marketing strategy focused on a target audience’s electronic devices, namely smartphones and tablets. Keep in mind that it’s a relatively new concept. So new, in fact, that it’s easy to forget that mobile marketing didn’t really exist ten years ago. Unfortunately, many companies, including some drug rehabs, aren’t as well versed in mobile marketing as they should be.
How people relate to brands has been radically changing with the arrival of mobile marketing. Technology has enabled us to use a smartphone for the same functions as a desktop computer. People may still use PCs at work but when they’re away from the office, they’re most likely on a mobile device. They read their email and surf the web on their phones. That’s the new normal.
All of that smartphone usage requires an entirely different marketing strategy for addiction treatment centers. Mobile marketing for drug rehab is one of the key ways that centers will reach their admission goals both now and in the future. Unfortunately, not every rehab has gotten that memo.
Building Mobile Marketing For Drug Rehab
Mobile marketing is its own animal. It requires a unique approach and unique strategies. Remember that mobile technology is advantageous because it can meticulously identify its user’s preferences and tastes. In a similar way, mobile marketing for drug rehab must do the same. This requires three important steps to follow:
Identify Your Mobile Audience
It’s not enough to simply say that substance abusers are your target audience. You have to go deeper—much deeper—than that. Start by creating multiple patient profiles, which could include:
- Their background
- Types of employment
- Their main source(s) for information
- Preferred types of content
By doing this, certain patterns will begin to emerge. It’s sort of like building a puzzle. At present, you have a lot of the edge pieces of the puzzle in place. However, there are some key pieces missing in the middle to help you get a better idea of what the puzzle image really looks like.
With mobile marketing for drug rehab, your audience’s mobile habits should be known, not just guessed at. For example, you should know how much of people’s web usage occurs on mobile devices. Will they be comfortable doing research about addiction treatment with their smartphones? The following stats should give you a good idea where all of this is heading:
- 65% of all email gets opened first on a mobile device
- 48% of mobile users begin their internet sessions on a search engine
- 95% of adults use their smartphones to access content & information
Many (if not most) of the information you’ll need to create prospective patient profiles can be found in Google Analytics. It’s also possible to gather some of this information from incoming patients during the intake process. In the end, it’s always better to have some basic idea of how prospective patients are likely to encounter your marketing messages.
Establish Mobile Marketing Goals
To create a mobile marketing strategy, you first have to have some idea of what you hope to accomplish. As you formulate your strategy, consider the following:
- Determine what you’re already doing in terms of mobile. If the answer is “nothing,” it’s a good thing you’re getting started.
- If you’re doing some mobile marketing already, how’s it doing? This will give you some idea of what’s working and what isn’t.
- How are you incorporating mobile marketing into your overall drug rehab marketing strategy? Determine why you’ve decided to get into mobile marketing at this time. Decide what your expectations are regarding mobile marketing.
- Establish your key audiences for mobile marketing. There will probably be several key prospective patient profiles that come to mind. How are they similar? Or different?
By addressing the above concerns, you will be better able to integrate effective mobile marketing for drug rehab.
Create Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
All marketing, including mobile marketing, has to be tracked to determine if it’s working. This is the only way to identify challenges and formulate corrections. Establish a set of KPIs that will help you create a snapshot of your mobile marketing efforts:
- Engagement: Are you giving prospective patients what they want in order for them to remain on your rehab website? Obviously, being mobile-friendly is a key factor in engagement.
- Acquisition: Are your calls to action clear? Are they motivating? Are they working? Are your forms easy to fill out? If prospective patients aren’t responding to your calls to action, your marketing is basically just treading water.
- Customer Service: Is your call center easily reachable through all of your platforms? That includes click-to-call buttons when people access your site using smartphones.
As you pick and choose which KPIs are the most appropriate to measure, consider the following questions:
- Is it possible to boost lead conversion via email messages?
- Can I get more people to contact my facility?
- Can our facility attract more qualified leads?
- Are some web-friendly pages leading to phone calls more than others?
Make Mobile Marketing For Drug Rehab Work For Your Facility
Addiction treatment centers shouldn’t view mobile marketing as some fad. It isn’t. It’s a profound shift in how people shop and do research… and it’s not going to fade away. Building your mobile marketing strategy is the best way to compete in today’s digital environment.
Recently proclaimed a top SEO agency, Dreamscape Marketing is at the forefront of mobile marketing for drug rehab. We’ve created websites for hundreds of our detox and drug rehab clients. We can put that knowledge and experience to work for you. Contact us at 888-307-7304 or via our “Contact Us” web page. Let’s put you one step ahead of your competitors.