Social media has become almost a necessity in today’s society. People use it to keep up with far-flung friends and family members, to network with others in their industry, and (of course) to market businesses. With 68% of adults using Facebook alone, it just makes sense to get involved with social media marketing, whether free or paid.
Benefits of Marketing on Social Media
Social media marketing is important for nearly all businesses in all industries today, whether B2B or B2C. Check out our top 5 reasons why:
- Build your brand – Social media marketing allows you to add your logo, photos of your products, and other brand-specific markers to your page. This helps existing and potential customers better understand who you are and what you do.
- Share your content – Content goes viral because of social media. If you’re trying to get a large readership for your site or boost your SEO campaign, sharing on social is always a good idea. It can also help you earn natural backlinks to your site.
- Communicate with your customer or client base – Twitter and Facebook are especially useful for this. These platforms give people a place to ask questions publicly. Other individuals can then see that you’re invested in your client base, which helps build trust.
- Do some A/B testing – You can see how different posts work for different social platforms and what works best. Social media makes it easy to A/B test and get to know your demographic better.
- Create interactive advertising – While it’s one thing to post a billboard or have a commercial, social media allows your clients and customer base to actually interact with your brand and advertising. This gives you more freedom to create something unique and enjoyable for both your company and those who connect with it.
Types of Social Media Marketing
You can go one of two ways with social media marketing: paid or unpaid. However, a combination of the two is often what works best. Paid social or PPC allows you to do a few different things that unpaid really doesn’t. Most importantly, it lets you strongly target your audience. You can set parameters to retarget users who have already visited your site. Additionally, you can add filters for people who like and post certain things or live in specific areas. Most social media sites let you dive deep with your advertising preferences.
While paid allows you to target easily, unpaid marketing is just as important. You want to be able to consistently engage with your audience and unpaid social media marketing allows you to do so. Posting around the holidays or about current events that affect your client base helps to humanize your business. It makes people want to engage more. Unpaid posts are perfect for this type of marketing.
Deciding Which Platforms are Best for Your Business
Not all social media platforms are going to work for all businesses. Whether you choose to do paid or unpaid social media marketing, you’re going to want to make sure you’re in the right place. For example, pouring your money into a platform like Instagram isn’t advisable if you don’t have a lot of original visual content to share.
However, if you’re running an interior design business, Instagram can be ideal for sharing photos of your work with relevant hashtags. Make sure that you read up on each platform so you know where your customer base is most likely to find you.
Social Media Marketing with Dreamscape
Are you ready to take your social media marketing to the next level? We can get you started with the right platforms, the right type of advertising, and the right content to add to it. We’re able to work with a variety of industries, including:
When you’re ready to start a conversation about your social media, give us a call at 888.307.7304.